Thursday, November 3, 2011

October 2011 techno set

This week I've recorded and uploaded my fall mix. This one is not an experiment like the set I recorded in September, plenty of downtempo and even some ambient sounds. This season, as I use to do in every season, I've tried to pour my feelings about fall. This year it's being a late fall, because we're living some kind of sunny spring instead of the cloudy and bit colder weather we should consider as normal. But we can't escape to the days going shorter and the nights being colder* so I think that's why this set keeps going from hot to cold and to dark to bright (all the brightness I can give, I know that's not too much) continuously.

Compressed dub, that's a definition Lucy used to talk about SA sounds and that I'd apply to this set too. First, because it's plenty of SA stuff and second because the rest of the tracks are really dub too... The set starts with an intro I built with two tracks from Surgeon and it's followed by two SA tracks by Dadub and I think that's where the main part of the story begins... This time I'd like to highlight, in addition to the SA stuff, the Sandwell District because I think this is the first time I felt comfortable playing a SD track... You'll notice too that James Ruskin is always present on my mixes... and I've just realised that this is the first time I'm not playing any Token! I promise I'll solve this one the next set, I'm sure because Token 19 has just come out and I'll be buying it this week. You can check the rest of the tracks under these lines. I'm not quite happy with mixing this time, but I think the great stuff on it, really worths a listen or two. Listen to my set on the link below and feel free to leave any comment:

01.- Surgeon - Presence
02.- Surgeon - Transparent Radiation
03.- Dadub – Metropolis
04.- Lucy & Ercolino - So The Nothing Grows Stronger (Remix – Dadub)
05.- Reeko - Inroad (Remix - Ben Sims)
06.- Jeroen Search - Hybrid
07.- HU – Čaj
08.- O/V/R - Interior
09.- Forward Strategy Group - Token Ring
10.- O/V/R - Descending The Left Corner
11.- Lucy - Bein (Remix - James Ruskin)
12.- Sandwell District – Grey Cut Out (Version)
13.- Frank Martiniq - Dark Star
14.- Dimi Angélis & Jeroen Search - Jupiter
15.- Lucy - Dub Man Walking
16.- Orphx - Vapour
17.- James Ruskin – The Outsider (ME Remix - Luke Slater)
18.- Mike Dehnert –Discrete
19.- Jonas Kopp – Alkitran
20.- Ben Klock – Compression Session 1

   humo - late fall - october 2011 set by humo

*(that reminds me that Fink lyrics... fuck! today he's playing in Barcelona and I was supposed to go but finally I couldn't be there at because of family affairs... frustrating because it's the only music with a singer on it I've been listening to this year, well, Fink and Emika)

No comments:

Post a Comment