Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Smoke Machine Podcast 023 Obtane

It's been a long time since I'm following this quality techno podcast series and everytime a new edition is out I think  should talk about it... maybe I didn't before because they already have their own blog.

Smoke Machine Taipei is for me a synonymous of good taste. I won't explain much about SM because you can check their blog but I want to talk about the great, classy, moody, serious music they serve. If you look at the previous editions, almost all the artists are part of, if I you let me repeat Lucy's words, the so called compressed dub sounds that's being released lately. Names like Xhin, Donor, Giorgio Gigli, Edit Select (amazing podcast he served)... etc all, with no exception, have been great.

Maybe this one I want you all to check is a bit different. A completely new name for me, but a well known and experienced dj and producer serves the best SM Podcast edition I've been able to listen to so far... Obtane/QuitQuiteQuick is a techno artist, owner of Zooloft, involved to electronics since the mid 90's. He's released in Synewave and Sonic Groove among other and, after this podcast was out, I've been checking some stuff from him and I got to admit I was missing an original artist that serves really useful material on which I'm going to put my hands as soon as I can...

Back to this top quality set he's recorded for SM, I must say I've listened to it four times now and I've perceived different shades on every listen. I think this is one of those kind of sets that you listen to back to from time to time...  It starts with a terror film intro followed by an amazing track that makes you get into the set and don't leave until it wants to let you go. And that's when it finishes of course. Amazing, deep, dark, serious, some times outer space tracks follow during around 85 minutes. Technically, is also one of the best sets I've listened to lately. So what else could I ask for? Pefect music, perfect mixing and a new (for me) and interesting artist to check.

Only as a cheesy anecdote: humo means smoke in Spanish...

No comments:

Post a Comment