Monday, November 7, 2011

Wesley Allsbrook: illustration.


Today I've been checking Juxtapoz magazine. I like to check it once per week because I think they have a very interesting view of the contemporany art. A very modern and open minded concept that it's very close to what I like when I'm looking for inspiration coming from a visual source.

I'm not a great connoisseur of the illustration art. I've always been next to really talented graphic designers and I think I've been lucky for that, but I simply like it and I have my own taste but I insist: I have no clue about that. Anyway, today I've found an illustrator that really caught my attention. I'm talking about Wesley Allsbrook:

Wesley Allsbrook was born and raised in the verdant piedmont region of North Carolina. After graduating from the Rhode Island School of Design, she settled into life as a freelance illustrator. Give her a ring. She'd love to hear from you.

If you have the time, please check her site to find her illustrations, some of her comic works and even her blog. I love the old 50's comic touch filled with a very actual criticism on her works.Allsbrook's illustrations are plenty of hidden details that have captivated me from the first moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment