Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ballistic Records



 Today I'm celebrating the launching of Ballistic, a project by Delusions from Barcelona city.

Everytime a new techno label is born it's a reason to me to be happy. But when the label is from Spain, and its first release is a vinyl including tracks from Casual Violence, Agony Forces and Delusions and Deep's Edayar, I must say I have something to celebrate.

This label is strongly influenced by the Industrial techno sounds and the Birmingham scene as most of us are. But what generated more interest in me is they also declare a dedication to a more dub and berliner side of techno, on wich I'm pretty focused lately. Of course, I never forget my beginings but well, this is what I'm feeling lately and that's why I'm sure I'll be watching this new project I'm talking about. It looks like Triplevisions will take care of the distribution.

The first reference was published at the end of September and it starts with a strong industrial track served by the owners (Delusions) followed by Casual Violence, bringing a dark atmosphere industrial tune too. On the B side, Agony Forces has recorded a very energetic track, as they normally do, but it has surprised me that they seem to make a nod to something a bit more dub including some different chords in it. I think my favourite tune is D. Edayar's track, the last one on this release. Maybe too different from the rest of the record but it makes this release fixing perfectly with their statement of principles: Industrial & Birmingham / Berlin & Dub.

Let's see how this difficult days affect to this label but from here, I want to show my full support to my neighbours and wish them a lot of music and good vibes...

No comments:

Post a Comment