Friday, June 22, 2012

Cicuta & Heaven to Hell: 10/10 x 10


 Two of the labels I've been following really close since I started to use digital sources to prepare my sets have just released their 10th reference. I'm talking about Cicuta Netlabel and Heaven to Hell Records.


I could be posting separate entries for each label, of course both deserve it. But the fact is although there are important diferences between these two labels, for me both have the same value and I have a special love for them. I like how the creators of Cicuta (Drugstore) and Heaven to Hell (Peter DL-E) managed to quickly put the name of their labels in all our minds with quality music.


How could someone proof that the only way of showing quality is releasing quality? I think this question is the answer itself and Cicuta and HTH are clear examples. And if you check their releases you'll see it. People like Voidloss, Bran Lanen, José Pouj, Quantic Spectroscopy have released with Cicuta so far (and totally free, thumbs up for Cicuta!). The tenth Cicuta is pure quality music, I love their criteria to select the tracks on every release they do and I think this time they've even gone a level higher. And names like Glenn Wilson, Gonzalo MD and Unam Zeniteb among others just confirm that HTH is not playing child games... Check the recently published double release, it's a huge one.


So nothing else to add, two labels to keep an eye on. Two labels to congratulate and that I thought I should mention together.

No comments:

Post a Comment