Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 2012 techno set



Well, maybe it's been too short since I recorded my last set. I think it was less than a couple of weeks ago but there's a good explanation for this: I finally bought Traktor Scratch from Native Instruments. I'm not thinking in playing techno with Traktor, I bought it mainly for those moments when I want to play some other styles while keeping (more or less) the same feeling and technique as playing vinyl records.

So, in order to check how this toy works, having a good reference to compare with, I decided to download some techno tracks that I enjoyed lately and put them together with some other stuff I already have and this is the result. Most of the tracks are from Cicuta Netlabel. Much respect for them, I like their way of thinking and I love the fact they share their quality stuff for free! Might this set be some kind of tribute for them... I advise you keep an eye on them during this year. Next week they're releasing their 5th reference and it's been made by Voidloss, huge EP! I've put a track from that release on my set, although I think I didn't squeeze all the juice it deserves...

I'm pretty happy with the global result. You'll find information about all the producers on soundcloud and you can download all the Cicuta releases from their website. Again: respect to all that people who, for any reason, can't release their great stuff on vinyl and decide to make their creations available for anybody who can appreciate them:

01.- David_Meiser - Assault Forces [promo]
02.- Kike Pravda - Quantum [cicuta]
03.- Reeko - Never again [md]
04.- Vegim - Librium [cicuta]
05.- Drugstore - Udayan [cicuta]
06.- Drugstore - Shadai (David Reina dark mix ) [cicuta]
07.- Orphx - Critical mass [circuitbreaking]
08.- Hyo - Skyquake (Drugstore remix) [cicuta]
09.- Radial - A Coke and a Smile [PRRUK]
10.- Orphx-Simulacrum [circuitbreaking]
11.- Zair - Overfeeding [cicuta]
12.- Radial - Allright Allright [PRRUK]
13.- Hiroaki Iizuka - Glow (Grovskopa Remix) [soleil]
14.- Voidloss - Rtual at château des amerois (forthcoming)[cicuta]
15.- The Black Dog - Future Delay Thinking (Live) [promo]

   humo - free is good too - january 2012 set by humo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks 4 your words David, for us it's very important to feel the support of the people to continue working. As you said, this year will be really interesting for cicuta. We're growing step by step and getting the support of respected artists from techno scene. Also we have some young guys making a good job in the dark...

    Respect.

    Drugstore (Cicuta Netlabel)

    ReplyDelete